Friday, November 03, 2006

Friends; old and new

Hey everyone! Hopefully I'll get to update my blog more often then I used to. It's hard to keep up.
John and Jessica are down here right now visiting. It's been fun getting to hang out with them again. It's so funny to see Kurt, Mary, John and Jess interact with each other! They crack me up!
The culture and people here in Sparks amaze me. They are so friendly! There are people here that I met a few times when I came down to visit that have just reached out and have been so great to me. I am excited to see what God has planned down here. I can't wait to help out in the Gathering and Worship team. I went to Worship practice last night with Kurt and Jessica (she's singing this week at Summit! Woohoo!!) and it was great to see it all layed out. At Summit they use wireless mics and wedge monitors. It will be interesting to get used to using a wedge again. I can't wait for the wireless mic though, so much more freedom! Another great thing is that they have a screen with a projector on the back wall, so no more music stands, woohoo!! This week there are 6 singers, plus Kurt. It's cool to see so many people on stage!
Well, I have to go for now. I am online looking for a job. PRAY FOR A JOB! Not just a job, but the right job. The job that will most utilize my abilities, be the right pay, and that the hours will be accommodating to going to school and church. I can't wait to start school!

PS: I WANT SOME COMMENTS! :) j/k

6 comments:

The Young Family said...

Hey Kenzie - I am glad things are going well! Happy you are finding the folks friendly - that is always a good thing. I will pray for the right job for you. Have fun getting all settled. Where are you staying?

Buford said...

Hi Kenz,
How's things?!

Kenzie said...

I am staying with Kurt and Mary. Things are going great. I'm looking into all sorts of options for work. It's fun to get to play with the babies too! Judah and Bella are SO cute!

littlehappyone said...

come back.

Okay, so that is not happening. I am glad to hear things are going so well already! Isn't it interesting that when you make a giant life change like that and it is God led, everything just feels right? I love that. When challenges come, just know that God has it covered!

Keep us posted on life in Nevada and Stephanie will miss your hugs.

Cagle Clan said...

Kenz!!!!! I didn't get to say good-bye! Ugh! I was really sad about that!! I'm sorry.
Thanks for giving up the guest room and letting us really enjoy our time there.
Nertz was AWESOME! Please kiss those babies for me!!!!!
Oh and tell my best friend Kurt Hi! :)

Cagle Clan said...

Oh and God told me you need to be a flight attendent!!!! :)
Also, yes I agree, the people in Sparks are very nice...they made me feel like I had been a part of the worship team forever. It was so neat to minister with them.
You'll love it!