Thursday, November 02, 2006

Difficult to do

Saying goodbye is so hard to do. You go through life meeting special people and one day you make a decision that affects everything. The saying "you don't know what you have until it's gone" is so true. Not that my friends and I won't be friends any longer, or that my family and I won't still be close, but the idea of not being able to get in the car and drive somewhere to meet for coffee or lunch or just to hang out, is really starting to hit me. There are some friends that I just started getting to know, and now I'll be far away from them. I hope they know what they mean to me. I'm already starting to learn some of the lessons I think God is wanting to teach me when I go. Sometimes the outcome of the lesson feels like a brick in your stomach. Will I have the courage to stand up for what is coming my way, the next gut wrenching blow. Thank God I know that I don't have to do it on my own, that He is there beside me, holding my hand, or holding me up. When I need Him, He is there. He is there when I think I have it all figured out and fall on my face. Thank God I don't have to know all the answers, that all the pieces don't have to be there for me, that He'll place them there when it's time. He's always with me, even when I think I can do it all on my own.

No comments: