Monday, May 15, 2006

Salish Lodge, Social life, Someday

Ok, so I've worked at the Salish now for (stopping to count on fingers) 8 months now! Can't even believe it. I've stayed there 2 times, gotten 3 massages and 1 facial in that time. In my opinion, not enough, but it adds up! I'm so thankful for my discount, let me tell ya! Right now I'm training a new person. We're getting like a million new people for the summer. Ok, not really a million, but quite alot of new people. Just found out last Monday that our "trainer" is quiting to work for another company and so they have decided that I will train people. I really hope this means I'll get better hours. When I first started I loved starting in the afternoon, but it has really affected my social life. (What social life?!) Exactly!
I've blogged a little on my MySpace, and due to encouragement from my awesome friend Karon, I have started writing again. Maybe I'll post them on here. Not sure yet though. When I was in Junior high and High school I used to write poems, but as I got into adult-hood I started getting writers block, so to speak. I would really love to write worship songs. Someday.
Someday. That word seems to come up alot lately. I wanted Just Like Heaven again the other day and really made me think about what I'm doing with my life. It seems like I'm alot like the main character on that movie, where she "saves" her life for later. I'm tired of doing that. I want to live a full life now. Any suggestions on where to start? Last year I did something I never thought I would do. I zip-lined from a Volcano in Nicaragua. That's living life fully. I got a tattoo last year! That's being crazy and spontaneous. I wish I wasn't such a thinker, so that I would do more spontaneous things, but I'm always trying to plan everything. As my friend Chris would say "Stop thinking about it!" I wish I could. There are things coming up that I just need to not thing about and let God take control. Maybe I'll start using "just do it" as my motto.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry did you say you got a tattoo? NICE JOB KENZ!!!!

Another thing you could do to live your life to the fullest is pack your things and move to RENO!!!

Remember we would love for you to come and stay with us.

~Justin

Anonymous said...

WHAT TATOO! What is it and where is it?

Kenzie said...

You guys saw it right after I got it. Didn't I get it like a day before your birthday Karon? It's a multi-pink colored heart with black outline. You don't remember it? I don't think Mary has seen it though. I do want another one, they are addictive!

Anonymous said...

How come you didn't show me while you were here???? I didn't even know that you got one. Well I am sure that it is really cute. Where did you put it?

Kenzie said...

I forgot about that you hadn't seen it. It's right near my hip.