As most of you know, I’ve had laryngitis since Saturday evening. It hasn’t been fun. My voice is slowly coming back, as long as I don’t talk too much. I wanted to share with you what God has reminded me of.
I was thinking about the timing of this, not having a voice during a weekend I was on worship team. At first I was thinking it was the enemy trying to rob me of joy and rob me of getting to sing on a weekend where I really loved the songs and was looking forward to singing with the team, and we were even recording! I almost called Kurt early Sunday morning to ask him if I could just stay home, what was the point of being up there if I couldn’t sing, but I decided that I should go anyways. It was torture at first. But the more I thought and prayed about it, the more I think it was God reminding me that it’s not about how you sound or who you’re singing with or the song list. It was about being faithful, first to the commitment I had made to be on worship, and second, but more importantly, to be faithful to praise God no matter what was going on or how I felt. It wasn’t about my voice, or lack of, it was about my heart and ushering the congregation into worship, and getting to pray for them. So many chances to pray for people! It was incredible! I was so blessed by this weekend’s worship, getting to see lives changed and hearts broken for God, it was amazing. That’s what true worship is about, your heart, seeking God no matter what, showing Him the love you have for Him, showing people His love and grace, being willing to step out and worship Him even when you don’t feel like it.
As funny as this sounds, I am thankful I haven’t had a voice for the last week. It’s really helped me to stop and listen and see what’s going on. Not that I’ve enjoyed the being sick part, cause that has been horrible, but I know everything happens for a purpose.
God did some amazing things this weekend and I had to share how faithful He is. I hope you’re encouraged to praise Him no matter what.
1 comment:
A Happy Easter to you - it is march 23rd today! Wanted to say I loved that you shared that story - great reminder to everyone!
Em
Post a Comment