I realized I haven't really updated most of you in what's going on here in Sparks. So, here you go......................................
I currently live at Kurt and Mary's house. I love hanging out with them and the kids. I had forgotten how much I love to hold babies! Thanks Mary for letting me hold him! I love it when he falls asleep while I'm holding him! Did I mention I can't wait to be a mom? Obviously, I am waiting until I am married, but ya know! Grace is a delight as well. In Mary's blog she talks about her personality. WOW! I haven't met a child with so much personality in a long time. She almost rivals my niece Stephanie. Kurt and Mary are such a blessing! Last night they had a couple from the church over, and asked me if I would join them, and it was alot of fun!
Karon and Justin have been so great since I've been down here as well. I am working with the College age ministry down here called The Gathering. I am the Admin for it and I really enjoy it! I also am on the Worship team for the Gathering. What a fun team to be a part of! I am really excited for Friday, because as a team we're going to have a Christmas party at Justin and Karon's. It should be alot of fun. (Side note to self: Buy a gift for White Elephant Gift Exchange!)
Let's see, what else? Oh, I'm on the Worship team for "Big" church as well, but I haven't been on the schedule yet. I can't wait!
Work...................... well, I work at Bally Technology. I was hired through an agency called Ultimate Staffing, here out of Reno, as a Temp, but soon to be Temp to Hire. Pray that happens quickly! :) I would love to get rid of the "Temp" title! Bally Tech is in South Reno. I am a "Client Services Coordinator", basically an Administrative Assistant, and then some! :) I've only met the Director that I'm assisting over the phone, so that's why I'm not officially Temp to Hire :) I really like it here though, aside from the drama of everyday office banter and people leaving the company or moving out of state.
I have been accepted to TMCC, taken the placement test, and now I just need to have a meeting with an advisor and register for a class or two. I am really excited to start school.
I am so blessed by God's faithfulness everyday! He surprises me how much He truly loves me, no matter what I do or don't do, whether I'm lazy or busy, sad or glad. I'm so thankful to know such a wonderful friend and Savior.
I'll make sure to try and update more often :)
3 comments:
Kenz,
It has been such a blessing to have you here. Not just for the awesome work you do with the college age but also as a great friend. By the way the White elephant gift exchange is on Saturday not Friday.
~Justin
Kenz,It is fun having you here. I also love when you hold Judah, not only because I get a break, but becuase I know that you are just loving on him and babies can't get too much love. BTW, we need to get better at Fusion Frenzy so that we can beat Kurt! HA-HA! Let's start practicing.
Good to hear what you are up to! I was wondering where you were living, glad you are not living ata Casino, although that might be fun for a bit of time... people watching is the best!
Post a Comment