Friday, August 04, 2006

Night Vision 2K6

This last week at camp was AWESOME! I had such a good time worshiping, praying, hanging out with young people, hanging out with my friends, getting water ballooned, hearing from God............. the list could go on and on. I didn't really have a specific job responsibility this year, which I am so thankful for because it gave me a lot of room to do the things that no one saw to do and hang out with the young people and just to be with God. It was such a great week! I didn't want to leave!
Worship was a whole new level this week! I can't even begin to tell you all what was happening, and how much we were used in worship. Not just singing but really praying and stepping in the gap for the young people that weren't willing to give things up. It was heart breaking to see the ones that wouldn't let go and give their problems up, they just wanted to hang on and be stubborn. It broke my heart to see a couple leaders the first few nights who seemed to be off in their own world not really connecting, but by the last night God had a hold of them too! It's such an awesome feeling to have discernment and ask a leader to go pray for someone and then see that person receiving something from the Lord. It's like, "wow, it wasn't really me at all, I heard the Lord."
There were a few things that really stuck out to me this week, lot's of memories, but precious moments that really stuck out. One was when we prayed for siblings and I saw 2 brothers that don't get along very well praying for each other and talking through the stuff. Another time was on Wednesday night during worship. We had just about finished our set list and during one of the slower songs Josh heard a word from the Lord and started singing it out. It was awesome! There was so much peace in the room, God's presence was so thick! I can't begin to describe what it was, it was such a sweet spirit. Talk about being proud of your friends. I was so proud to see him surrender and let himself be used. Taylor did an awesome job too. He was so faithful to pray for the young people. I can't tell you how many times I saw him praying with his brothers! It was awesome to have all 3 of them there this year. Noelle taught during one of the day sessions. It was great! She really ministered to the girls! She taught on society's impact on us and that we were to be set apart from the world.
God really showed me His faithfulness. No matter how many times we fall short or fall away from Him, He loves us just the same. No matter what tries to hold us back from Him, He is faithful to stay at our sides, or in some of our cases, holding us up so that we don't fall down. When we would pray for things at camp most of the things that came to mind to pray for was faithfulness, that the kids would understand just how faithful God is in their lives. And to keep pressing in, just when you think you can't go any further, keep going! Another one was to wait on Him. So often we get something special from God, His plan for us, and we're so eager to make it happen ourselves that we don't think about the fact that it's in God's time. He's really worked on me in this area alot lately. Lot's of awesome things are happening and will be happening in the next year. Someone told me on Sunday just before I left for camp that there will be lots of great changes in the next year. He said "Just wait, by this time next year lot's of changes, August 1st of next year." I don't know exactly what he had in mind, but I trust him and I don't want to read into it. I know God has alot to change in me, habits, discipline, etc etc...
I'm so excited for this next year and where God is taking me! I pray you are touched by God like I was at camp. Just think your everday life can be a camp experience if you have a real relationship with God and let Him speak to you! Love ya'll!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Kenzie --- absolutely awesome!!!

Parties by Design said...

Great stuff, camp is the place were it can be all about God, normal life doesnt distract.Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hey when are you planning on coming to visit here in Reno?

~Justin

Kenzie said...

Very soon!!

Anonymous said...

Come on Chica hurry up and come visit. I have guys I need to introduce you to!

~Justin